sábado, 18 de julho de 2009

The business of forecasting weather

The business of forecasting weather probably spends billions of dollars every year and employs thousands of people in Canada. Every morning, there are many shows on TV, on radios and on the Internet that are supported by millions addicted to forecasting weather.
.
I've been living in Toronto for thirty days and I'm going to stay here for fifty days more, but I've been here for long enough to know that there is an entertainment business behind the business of forecasting weather.
.
Yesterday, the weatherman said in his show on City TV (a local channel in Toronto) that a severe T-storm was coming. I carried my umbrella all day when I was wandering downtown and woodbine beach too, but I'm still waiting for his prediction happen.





Sometimes, people don't want to know about the weather, they just want to watch a "weatherman perform" for fun. I don't know why, but I can tell you, it's very interesting to watch these shows! I have to confess, I'm becoming addicted too. I think it's like when people that have to go to see a palm reader every week, just to see what's up in their life through their hand's lines.

Maybe, that's a comfortable way that citizens have to conform to the hard and the severe weather tha this cold country has.

Nenhum comentário: